Looking for your PLACE at the Heights?
Every Christian is on a journey that begins at the point of salvation. God created each of us for a purpose. Along the way, you discover your PLACE in the body of believers. All of us are a unique combination of personality, spiritual gifts, abilities, passions and life experiences that God designed for work in his kingdom. It is written in Ephesians 4:12:
"the training of the saints in the work of ministry, so that the Body of Christ may be built up"
Serving is what we are called to do. To serve others, rather than to be served, best exemplifies Jesus’ message to humanity. People often hope that others will meet their needs, that someone else will help or that there are so many volunteers already, that they aren’t needed. It is not about the church needing you, it is about you stepping out in faith and using your gifts for God by serving others. It isn’t about just filling a job position, it is personal. It is about where God has designed you to serve. If you don’t know where you fit in yet, don’t worry we can help you with that.
"For we are God’s workmanship created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” Ephesians 2:10
God said that he specifically created each of us for a purpose. PLACE workshop helps you discover new insights about yourself and about the way God has knit you together for His purpose. We all have a unique combination of personality, spiritual gifts, abilities, passions and life experiences that God designed to create your unique role in the work of this kingdom. You will start to understand your purpose here on earth.
There are five sessions that you will go through in order to find your place:
- Personality Discovery – reveals a person’s style of communication and behavior in a specific environment.
- Learning Spiritual Gifts – recognizing your spiritual gift through an assessment
- Abilities Awareness – learn the environment where you are most effective and fulfilled.
- Connecting Passion with Ministry – understanding our passion for certain things and how that motivates up within the church.
- Experiences of Life – realize the impact life experiences have on where and what area we may choose to serve in.
Learning more about yourself will help you find where your PLACE is both here within the walls of the church and in our community.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering here at The Heights. If you have further questions please call Debbie at 804-526-0424 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.